What is LEED?
In 1993, United States Green Building Council was formed. Looking at the amount of energy that buildings consume, it was soon realized that a system was required to define and measure 'green buildings'. This led to the birth of LEED- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design
LEED Green Associate Overview
The LEED Green Associate credential demonstrates a solid and current foundation in green building principles and practices. From marketers to lawyers, landscape architects to education professionals, and product manufacturers to policymakers, LEED Green Associates enjoy a broad understanding of sustainability that bolsters their careers and enhances their lives.
In order to take the LEED Green Associate exam, you will have to meet an eligibility requirement.
You have to fulfill at least one of the following
- You must have previous experience supporting a LEED-registered project
- You must have experience working in a sustainable field of work
- You must have attended an education program that addresses green building principles.
Who Should Attend?
Developers, Building Owners, Client Representative, Architects, Engineers, Contractors, Consultants, Environmental, Health and Safety Managers, Sustainability Managers& Facility Managers
The LEED Green Associate exam measures your ability to understand and support green design, construction and operations
- Two hour computer-based test
- 100 randomly delivered multiple-choice questions
- Your score will be available immediately at the end of the exam, and you will receive printed score report.
- A passing score is 170 or higher on a scale of 125 to 200.
- Application : $50
- Full exam : $200 ($250 for non-members)
- Maintenance : $50 every two years
- LEED Green Associate Course Content Contents
- Green Building Basics
- About LEED
- Location and Transportation
- Sustainable Sites
- Water Efficiency
- Energy and Atmosphere
- Materials and Resources
- Indoor Environmental Quality
- Innovation in Design (ID)
- Regional Priority Synergies
- LEED Green Associate Exam